About Team and Purpose of the Service
Blood is a life saving liquid. Each and every drop of blood matters. The blood donation team at Vizag Volunteer Association makes use of technology and human resources to create awareness about blood donation as well as request fulfilment from the people of Visakhapatnam. 100% voluntary & non-profit. The team is lead by Sudharshan Lotla and Tanuja Bakke.
We’ve partnered with non-profit organizations and blood banks such as A.S Raja blood bank, Red Cross blood bank, Rotary blood bank, Life Share blood bank and First blood bank to help ensure the reliability and request fulfilment.
The blood donation and request fulfilment service is provided to patients in need for blood transfusion which include pregnant ladies, accident victims, cancer patients, patients with serious diseases and many more. The Blood Donation Crew aims to increase the awareness of current blood donors, invite new blood donors to educate the public on the importance of blood donation, and help organizations fulfill their requests for blood and platelet donations.
Eligibility for donating blood
- Overall health- The donor must be fit and healthy, and should not be suffering from transmittable diseases.
- Age and weight- The donor must be 18–65 years old and should weigh a minimum of 50 kg.
- Pulse rate- Between 50 and 100 without irregularities.
- Hemoglobin level- A minimum of 12.5 g/dL.
- Blood pressure- Diastolic: 50–100 mm Hg, Systolic: 100–180 mm Hg.
- Body temperature- Should be normal, with an oral temperature not exceeding 37.5 °C.
- The time period between successive blood donations should be more than 3 months.
Our previous blood camps:
Different types of blood donations:
- Can be donated once in 56 days
- Self-Life:42 days
- Can be donated once in 2 weeks
- Self-Life:5 days
- Can be donated once in 4 weeks
- Self-Life:1 year by freezing
Double Red Cells
- Can be donated once in 112 days
- Self-Life:42 days
Blood banks we are associated with :